Camp Holiday Trails works with the following organizations in a number of capacities ranging from sharing best practices to collaboration on grants to collaborative program development and more, click the logos to be directed to our community partners’ websites.
CHT works with regional hospitals to provide camping opportunities for children with special medical needs including family camp weekends and summer camps. In addition, CHT partners with medical and nursing schools to provide elective rotations to students and residents interested in learning about caring for the diverse diagnoses of our Campers.
This is a partial list of our current partners:
- UVA Children’s Hospital, Charlottesville
- Children’s Hospital of Richmond
- VCU Medical Center
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughter, Norfolk
- Children’s National Medical Center, DC
- John Hopkins Hospital, MD
- of MD Medical Center, Baltimore
- Shenandoah University Physician’s Assistant Program
- Eastern VA Medical University Physician’s Assistant Program
- UVA Pediatric Cardiology
- UVA Pediatric Hemo/Oncology
- UVA Mulholland Society– Since 1983, CHT has worked with this medical student organization to organize a 5K fundraiser to send kids with special medical needs to Camp. The event is designed as a leadership opportunity for 1st and 2nd yr medical students, often introduced to Camp at a service event for incoming medical students head at Camp Holiday Trails late each summer.
- Many, many UVA student orgs.– Alpha Phi Omega service fraternity, Project SERVE, Madison House, School of Engineering, UVA Athletics
- Kiwanis Club of Charlottesville– CHT works with Kiwanis to run the Independence Day 5K Fun Run to benefit Camp. Kiwanis also work together with CHT to sponsor a cabin at Camp and engage in service at Camp throughout the year. In the past, Kiwanis members have served on the CHT Board and Property Committee.
- Knights of Pythias (throughout VA)– almost since the founding years of CHT, the Pythians have adopted several Camp buildings, fundraised to send kids to Camp, served on the Camp Board and more.
- Rotary Clubs– the Rotary has been a long-time supporter of CHT and regularly educate members on our mission. In exchange, CHT advocates for membership and supports the Rotary mission.
- Scouts (Girls Scouts, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Eagle Scouts, Order of the Arrow)– Cub scouts utilize CHT as a place to begin their camping experience and Eagle Scouts and Girl Scout Gold Award projects populate the camp facility. Scouts plan regular service projects at CHT.
- Ruritan Clubs– the Ruritan has been a long-time supporter of CHT and regularly educate members on our mission. In exchange, CHT advocates for membership and supports the Ruritan mission.
- United Way Day of Caring volunteers– CHT has partnered with the UVA Facilities Management Team and the Day of Caring to provide service opportunities for over 100 people on this day each September. Camp works for weeks in advance to assess needs with UVA Facilities and plan projects for all skill sets.
Many, many other local and regional civic organizations and churches …