Camp Youngblood is a one-week session of camp for children, ages 7-17, with bleeding disorders, their siblings and the children of members of the bleeding disorder community who are affiliated with the Virginia Hemophilia Foundation and the Hemophilia Association of the Capitol Area. Camp Youngblood Campers are socially, mentally, and emotionally able to participate in group activities and community living.
Campers at CHT can independently:
- interact with peers and participate in group settings.
- communicate their needs in some way.
- function at a cognitive level within 1-2 years of their chronological age.
- express and cope with emotion appropriate to their chronological age.
- manage activities of daily life.
- transfer from wheelchair to golf cart, pool, chair, bed and toilet.
Ready to apply for an amazing summer experience for the child in your life?